We are hiring - just check Indeed.com for the most up to date listings!
Our 2-person delivery teams are split into 3 roles; 7.5t Delivery Driver, 3.5t Delivery Driver and [non-driving] Delivery Porter - other than additional driving-specific responsibilities all roles have the same job on the day:
Become an essential part of the team.
· Average working shift 10.25 hours per day.
· Four day working week.
· Permanent full-time role.
· Job security.
· Experience required for role – None.
What we are looking for?
· Safe and diligent drivers adhering to the highway code, parking and respectful to all road users.
· Health and safety is at the heart of everything we do. Vehicle checks, load security and awareness is key.
· Excellent communication and customer service, being polite costs nothing.
· Ability to work in a small team and with own initiative.
· Physically fit and healthy and takes pride in their appearance.
What does the job involve?
· Typical starting time 6am
· Two-person home delivery to private homes and business.
· Clean, well prepared, easy to identify, and pre-planned routes as standard.
There's also our Warehouse Operator role:
The role requires unloading, sorting, quality checking and moving customer orders which are flat packed (Home Furnishings) items in and around the warehouse. Loading vehicles ready for the next day deliveries
· Working as part of a team is an important part of this role.
· Heavy lifting, handling and carrying of products is part of this role and you will be required to load company vehicles.
· With the customer at the heart of all we do, you will offer exceptional customer service at every stage of the process.
· The role operates working on a rota basis and will require flexibility. The shift pattern is 5 days out of 7 days which will be Monday to Friday. The standard shift time is 9am - 2pm
· Previous experience of warehousing is desirable when considering applying for this role.
Personal specification (essential)
· Ability to work part of a team and on own initiative.
· Good time management.
· Due to the required lifting, candidates will need to have a level of fitness.
· Unloading and reloading of trucks and vans
· Order quality check
· General housekeeping tasks
· Completing customer deliveries when required